Tuesday 22 December 2015

The Final Stretch

I flew back from Germany, and was only able to spend about 14 hours in Nottingham, before hauling myself off to London again to spend my last couple of days with my cousin. I first met him at the beginning of my abroad journey when I landed in London. He's been so generous throughout the term, and his hospitality definitely projected family love.

The reason I saved my last couple of days in London was really just to allow myself to run around and make some last minute errands that I've missed on my previous trips to London. I just felt it would be easier for me to prepare for my trip home in a more comfortable and open space. This last stop was a bit bittersweet, because it was a sign that my abroad journey was definitely winding down and coming to a complete stop.

My cousin took me on the London Eye at night. This was something I never intended to do, but am so glad he talked me into it. The view from the top was absolutely breathtaking. I love city lights and cityscapes. I love these rooftop views even more when situated next to the water. It was the perfect last check mark to my trip, and my type-A personality didn't even plan it. He then took me out to thi delicious Italian restaurant, and I can honestly say it was the best meal I had ever consumed throughout this entire semester. It was just a simple chicken fillet with salad on top, but this chicken was so soft and tender and seasoned perfectly. My cousin really does have a nice palette for food. He's a regular at this restaurant, apparently.

This time was kind of stressful, though. I was trying to prepare for my trip home. I had so many things, despite throwing out so many things I didn't want to. In the end, I still had to pay for a third luggage home (cheaper than sending a package home), and I was still fighting for space. In the end, it wasn't even space that I was fighting for. It was the distribution of weight. I managed to sneak on three carry-ons. Hehe, oops. **disclaimer, it was moreso my mother's LV boxes that took up the most space** Flew on Virgin Atlantic, which was surprisingly one of the better international flights I've ever flown on. Still doesn't top Cathay Pacific, but this flight definitely had a luxurious feel to it. I managed to snag a window seat, and caught up on a few films.

Not everything panned out, but things still turned out okay. Still haven't been able to really process things fully yet, so a follow-up post will be published to really tie this blog together.

"Cast your cares on the LORD and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall." - Psalm 55:22 

Lieben Immer,
N.M. Chow

No comments:

Post a Comment